FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A COLLECTION OF COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
My style is simple but I believe that my images should speak volumes - about who you are as a person, about the relationship between a husband and wife, about the subtle nuances of everyday life. I strive to create images at each and every wedding that illuminates the relationships; both of each individual family and the new family being created that day. My goal is to provide you with a documentary-based illustration of your wedding day with minimal guiding or posing. It's not my intention to just "make pretty pictures" but to truly make images that capture the relationship between two people in love.
Coverage & Travel
I am often asked questions involving my prices, travel policies, timelines for delivery, albums, and other wedding coverage details. I've compiled the most-asked questions here for you. I hope you find these answers helpful! Please don't hesitate to contact the studio if you have any questions not answered here. I hope to hear from you soon!
- What is your pricing?
- Do you work with a second photographer?
- Do you edit all of our photographs?
- Where do you live and how far will you travel?
- Do you have an assistant?
- We want to take pictures in a super cool location on our wedding day. Do you know if we need a permit?
- Can some of our photos be delivered in both black & white and color?
- How long does it take before we receive our products and photographs?
- How many pictures will we receive?
- Do we get to keep the negatives?
- Do we receive the raw, unedited files?
- Can we see the outtakes and all of the images that didn't make the "final cut"?
- Do you come to the rehearsal?
- How does the album design process work?
- What will my album look like once it's completed?
- What is the "online gallery" you mention in your collections?
- We want everything documented! Can we have more images?
- Do you offer engagement sessions?
I hope these frequent style questions will help explain my approach on the wedding day. While I hope the work shared in my portfolio tells a clear story, if you have any further questions about my style of photography please don't hesitate to ask.
- How would you describe your style of photography?
- Do you take posed family photos?
- Can you take fewer photos that have dark shadows and bright highlights?
- Can we provide you with a "shot list"?
Business & Details
I am often asked important questions about the business side of working with me as your wedding photographer. This section includes all of those questions, from business insurance to food! As always, if you have any further questions about anything at all, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Do you have insurance?
- What kind of equipment do you use?
- Can you provide my venue with a certificate of insurance?
- How long have you been in business? How many weddings have you photographed?
- Can you hold a date for me?
- What is your payment schedule?
- Can we pay you part of the amount after the wedding?
- If I need to cancel my wedding, is the retainer refundable?
- What if you die?
- When should we book you for our wedding?
- If we're running late, will you stay later than you were scheduled?
- Do you offer discounts for off-season or non-Saturday events?
- Do we need to feed you at the reception?
- Can our family and friends take pictures with their cameras?
For those wedding photographers perusing this site - hi there! I have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions in regards to my work, gear, vendors that I adore, and resources that will help you with your own wedding photography.
- I'm a photographer and I love this FAQ! Can I copy it and put it on my website?
- What cameras and lenses do you use?
- Do you ever teach or give workshops?
- Do you have any partners or sponsors?
- Who built your website?
- Can I come watch you photograph a wedding?
- Are you hiring?