For many years I have been asked if I would consider creating Lightroom presets for wedding photographers. I resisted for ages, because I truly believe that wedding photographers need to be able to create their images in-camera and not rely on presets to create a “look” for them.
Then I realized that was foolish. No matter how talented you are as a photographer, getting the image correct in camera is just the first step towards a fully finished final image. The processing of the image is part of the process, and Lightroom is the tool that I have used for YEARS to complete that process.
I have worked closely with the team at DVLOP to create five custom Lightroom presets for wedding photographers. They are:
- All We See Is Sky : Today is going to be a good day, and here’s why : because here is a crisp, clean preset designed to make your images pop. Unfussy and to the point, a great primer preset for all situations. I use this as a starter on 99% of my images.
- Curious Cat : Feline, fearless, faithful and true. A vibrantly simple preset with added warmth, perfect for sunny days or when you need a little glow to your images. I use this when I need a little extra kick to my naturally lit images.
- Dead Girl Walking : Let’s make this beautiful. A super versatile black and white preset for all types of images. Kind to shadows and highlights alike, with great depth and nuance. I use this every time I need a black and white, it works in all situations and scenarios.
- I Believe : I would like to share with you the most amazing preset. Designed to pop even the drabbest of reception images, this one is built for flash and artificial light. Hello!
- Rise Up : Every action’s an act of creation with this preset designed for artificial light. Warm up your final image, and then go buy Hamilton tickets with all the time and money you just saved editing.
(As you can tell, I really, really, really like musical theatre)
I have created a tutorial that explains what each preset is, what it does, how to customize it, and what kinds of images that I use each preset for. Enjoy!