Susan Stripling Photography
Brooklyn Wedding Reception Locations
So you're getting married in Brooklyn - now WHERE are you going to have your party?
It can be super difficult to find a reception venue in Brooklyn since there are so many to choose from, and so many have different styles. Do you want to be in a warehouse? A hotel? A catering hall? A garden? A penthouse?
The Brooklyn Promenade, close to all DUMBO venues and 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge!Once you've figured out your style, now you have to find a reception venue that can hold your number of guests, match your style, provide everything you need, then you need to visit all of the spaces and decide....tired yet?
Located in Prospect Park, the Boathouse is a great wedding venue
If you're looking for a wonderful venue to have your wedding reception in Brooklyn, consider checking out one of these spaces:
- Brooklyn Winery : Romantic and urban at the same time. I especially love all the reclaimed wood and opportunities to decorate the space in your own particular style.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden : Dramatic, sweet, sweeping, and gorgeous. A huge favorite no matter what the season : this venue is a true oasis in the middle of the bustling borough.
- The 1896 : Brick walls. Huge ceilings. Natural light. A total blank slate to do whatever you want in a chic industrial space.
- 501 Union : Right in the heart of Gowanus, this modern venue truly brings the outside inside with a brilliant covered ceremony location that feels like you're right out in the city!
- The Green Building : Located right across the street from 501 Union, this enormous blank space features soaring brick walls, an elegantly rustic atmosphere, and extraordinary service from their wedding team.
- 26 Bridge : A renovated 19th century warehouse, this truly special DUMBO space has a killer skylight that truly needs to be seen to be believed.
- The Wythe Hotel : A truly modern, comfortable hotel right in the heart of Williamsburg. Spare, simple, but brilliantly decorated. I highly recommend brunch at Reynard!
- The Montauk Club : This beautiful Park Slope venue is inspired by a Venice's Grand Canal palace! Gothic, dreamy, and different.
- Brooklyn Grange Farm : Want amazing views on a private rooftop? Check this place out - you won't regret it!
- The Liberty Warehouse : A long-time favorite of mine. Located on the water in beautiful Red Hook, this huge space offers up great places for pictures and celebration alike.
- Grand Prospect Hall : If you're a NYC resident, you know the commercial for this Park Slope venue...they make your dreams come true!
If you choose a DUMBO-based Brooklyn venue, this could be the background of your wedding day portraits!Other brilliant spots to check out include:
- The William Vale Hotel
- Bay Ridge Manor
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- Deity Events
- Dobbin Street
- Victory Garden Cafe
- Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown
- Founders Lab NYC
- Cacin Hall
- Humboldt and Jackson
- Beasts and Bottles
- KAVE Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Ballroom
- The Black Lady Theatre
- Knitting Factory Brooklyn
- Miti Miti Taperia
- Marine Park Golf Course
- No. 7 Restaurant
- St. Lydia's
- Events at Stone Park
- Duggal Greenhouse
- The Bushwick Starr
- Atrium DUMBO
- Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture
- Lakeside Brooklyn
- House of Yes
- Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Bat Haus
- Prospect Park Zoo
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- The Greenpoint Loft
- The Picnic House