Wedding Photography Equipment List
I am often asked about the gear and equipment that I take with me to shoot weddings. While this list of gear changes over time, this is the current kit that I carry with me to every wedding that I photograph. Rest assured that I arrive at every event with everything I need to capture the day...and more, since I believe heartily in backups for my backups!
- Canon Mark IV (multiple bodies)
- Canon EOS R (multiple bodies)
- Canon EOS R5 (two bodies)
- Canon 100mm macro
- Canon 24-105mm f/4.0
- Canon 85mm f/1.4
- Canon 70-200mm f/4.0
- Canon 135mm f.2.0
- Canon 35mm f/1.4
- Canon 28mm f/1.8
- Canon RF 24-105mm f/4.0
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.2
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2
Flashes and lights
- Canon ST-E3 Speedlite Transmitter
- Canon 600 EX II-RT Speedlites (multiple)
- Profoto B1 location kit with Profoto air remote
- Stella Pro 5000 video light
- Stella 2000 video light
- MagMod system
Camera bags and accessories
I have worked closely with the team at DVLOP to create five custom Lightroom presets for wedding photographers. They are:
- All We See Is Sky : Today is going to be a good day, and here’s why : because here is a crisp, clean preset designed to make your images pop. Unfussy and to the point, a great primer preset for all situations. I use this as a starter on 99% of my images.
- Curious Cat : Feline, fearless, faithful and true. A vibrantly simple preset with added warmth, perfect for sunny days or when you need a little glow to your images. I use this when I need a little extra kick to my naturally lit images.
- Dead Girl Walking : Let’s make this beautiful. A super versatile black and white preset for all types of images. Kind to shadows and highlights alike, with great depth and nuance. I use this every time I need a black and white, it works in all situations and scenarios.
- I Believe : I would like to share with you the most amazing preset. Designed to pop even the drabbest of reception images, this one is built for flash and artificial light. Hello!
- Rise Up : Every action’s an act of creation with this preset designed for artificial light. Warm up your final image, and then go buy Hamilton tickets with all the time and money you just saved editing.
(As you can tell, I really, really, really like musical theatre)
Here is a tutorial on how to use the presets. Click here to purchase!
***Susan Stripling Photography is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All links contained herein are affiliate links. All opinions are, for better or worse, my own.