Brooklyn's Gowanus neighborhood, 501 Union St, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Have you photographed weddings here before?
Why do you recommend it?
Charm, quirk, and all around originality give this Gowanus venue high marks from all of us at Susan Stripling Photography! We love:
- The unique ceremony space : with all of the bright light, you can really bring the outside inside.
- Another note about the ceremony space : it's a wonderful rain plan. We know, you don't want to think about rain on your wedding day, but this is a GREAT backup plan that's also a spectacular MAIN plan. Not many NYC-area venues have great backup plans in case of inclement weather, and this indoor space is really special, rain or shine.
- The reception space itself is super unique. The skylights give the room an offbeat, bright touch while the dark walls retain the drama. There is ample room for dancing as well as dining.
- The cocktail space is in a room of its' own, and it's gorgeous. The long bar makes it easy for your guests to step up and grab a drink, and the decor is to die for.
- The location is key. Easy to get to, great for portraits, it's a popular Brooklyn neighborhood for a reason!
- The staff. Everyone that we've worked with at 501 Union has been a gem, truly caring about clients and vendors alike.