Ritz Carlton Philadelphia
Ritz Carlton Philadelphia
10 Ave Of The Arts, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Have you photographed weddings here before?
Why do you recommend it?
Nestled in the heart of the City of Brotherly Love, this luxurious venue offers a stunning and unforgettable setting for your wedding day. When you choose to celebrate your wedding at the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia, you're not just selecting a venue – you're stepping into a world of elegance and luxury that's been crafted to create unforgettable experiences. The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia offers a variety of locations to accommodate every aspect of your big day, from getting ready to the ceremony and reception.
- Getting Ready: As you and your wedding party prepare, you'll have access to the hotel's stunning suites. These beautiful spaces provide a cozy setting for hair and makeup. They're great spaces to hang out, relax, and get ready.
- Ceremonies: The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia offers an array of ceremony spaces, each as unique as the next. For a grand ceremony, look no further than the iconic Grand Ballroom. With its 60-foot ceilings, marble columns, and sparkling chandeliers, the Grand Ballroom is a serene, gorgeous space. For a more intimate and romantic setting, consider the Petite Ballroom, which features floor-to-ceiling windows and an outdoor terrace with stunning views of the city skyline.
- Receptions: Your wedding reception at the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia will be spectacular, thanks to the hotel's talented culinary team, led by Executive Chef Ben Davis. From the cocktail hour to the multi-course dinner, you and your guests will enjoy a gastronomic experience like no other. Choose from a variety of customizable menus, featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients and innovative dishes inspired by Philadelphia's vibrant flavors and the world beyond.
The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia also offers stunning locations for wedding photography. Here are four of our favorite spots at the hotel:
- Grand Ballroom: The majestic Grand Ballroom offers a spectacular backdrop for wedding portraits, with its soaring ceilings, marble columns, and glittering chandeliers. Whether you'd like to go in there before your reception or earlier in the day, it's a great photo spot. I also adore the marble staircase that leads down toward the Ballroom. It's a wonderful first look spot as well as a great photo location.
- Petite Ballroom Terrace: For a more intimate and romantic setting, the Petite Ballroom Terrace provides stunning views of the city skyline – suitable for sunset or nighttime photos.
- The Rotunda: The hotel's iconic Rotunda, with its grand marble staircase and opulent dome, offers a truly breathtaking setting for your wedding photos.
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Lobby: The hotel's elegantly appointed lobby, with its polished marble floors and impressive columns, provides a sophisticated backdrop for group photos or candid shots.
If you'd like to leave the Ritz for additional images, the City of Brotherly Love is rich in history, culture, and stunning architecture – all of which provide a wealth of opportunities for wedding photography. Here are a handful of nearby locations that offer exceptional settings for photos:
- City Hall (1401 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19107): Just steps away from the Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia's iconic City Hall provides a striking backdrop for your wedding photos, with its magnificent architecture and vibrant history. While the outside of City Hall is gorgeous, I love going under the Hall for additional images. (Note: We just have to check and make sure it's open on your wedding day!)
- Dilworth Park (1 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102): Located right next to City Hall, Dilworth Park offers a modern and dynamic urban setting for your photos, complete with fountains, green spaces, and dramatic city views.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19130): The grand steps and neoclassical architecture of the Philadelphia Museum of Art provide an elegant and timeless backdrop for your wedding photos. I especially love the view of the city from the top of the steps.
- Rodin Museum (2151 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19130): The serene gardens and classical sculptures of the Rodin Museum offer a picturesque setting for intimate and romantic wedding portraits.
- The Barnes Foundation (2025 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19130): With its modern architecture and beautifully landscaped grounds, the Barnes Foundation provides an elegant backdrop for your wedding photos. I love the long lines of trees in the lawns outside.
- Rittenhouse Square (210 W Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103): This historic park, surrounded by charming brownstones and lush greenery, offers a tranquil and picturesque setting for your wedding portraits.
- Washington Square (210 W Washington Square, Philadelphia, PA 19106): Another of Philadelphia's historic squares, Washington Square boasts picturesque gardens, fountains, and monuments – perfect for capturing a variety of wedding photos.
- Independence Hall (520 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106): As the birthplace of the United States, Independence Hall offers a truly iconic and historic backdrop for your wedding photos.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge (N 5th St, Philadelphia, PA 19106): For a dramatic and industrial touch, consider capturing your wedding photos against the impressive backdrop of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge, with its striking steel cables and sweeping views of the city skyline.
In short, The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia is an amazing place for a wedding. With beautiful spaces, delicious food, and great service, it's no wonder the Ritz is a popular Philly venue. You'll also find lots of great spots for photos both inside the hotel and nearby!