This image of Hamilton an American Musical castmember Ariana DeBose was photographed for her Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS fundraising campaign in 2016. From their website, the BCEFA mission statement is:
- to mobilize the unique abilities within the entertainment industry to mitigate the suffering of individuals affected by HIV/AIDS;
- to ensure direct support specifically through the social services and programs of The Actors Fund to all individuals in the entertainment industry affected by critical health issues, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS;
- to support organizations across the country which provide treatment or services for people specifically affected by HIV/AIDS and their families;
- to promote and encourage public support for national and international programs and services which benefit people with HIV/AIDS;
- to increase public awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS through the creation and dissemination of educational materials;
- to support efforts by the entertainment industry to address other critical health issues or respond to an emergency, in each case as approved by the Board of Trustees;
- to support efforts by the entertainment industry in other charitable or educational endeavors, in each case as approved by the Board of Trustees.
BCEFA is an extraordinary organization, and Ariana's fundraising efforts are going to an excellent place. To donate to their fund, click here.