Susan Stripling Photography
Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury Wedding
From the second I turned onto the tree-lined drive to Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury I was entranced by this charming New Jersey wedding venue.
Things I especially loved about photographing this wedding at Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury:
- The property exterior. My first time here was on a cool winter day, and the sunset light was exquisite. There are ample places outside for photography, with space to walk around and really explore the grounds.
- The ballroom. It's dramatic and gorgeous, completely customizable, and a great space for dinner and dancing.
- There aren't a lot of venues that have excellent spaces to get ready on-site unless you're at a hotel or bed and breakfast. Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury has great spaces to get ready - in fact, several of them. While there are dedicated prep suites, there are other rooms in the mansion that are perfect for hanging out, getting hair/makeup done, hanging out with your wedding party and yes, even getting dressed.
- The light inside the getting-ready locations needs a bullet point to itself. It's great. Dramatic, directional, and immensely suited to my style of photography, the indoor spaces all have great light from tall, dramatic windows.
- The staircase! It's a great spot for a first look, as well as a popular location for wedding day portraits.
- Because it was cold outside, as well as being winter (hello, super early sunsets!), the ceremony was indoors. I love that they were able to do a cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception indoors with immense ease. I always love when the guest experience includes not being able to tell when a room is being flipped from a ceremony to a reception!
Here are a few of my favorite images from Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury:
If you're getting married here, click below to say hi! I look forward to talking to you about your wedding photography!