New York Historical Society Wedding
There are many reasons why a New York Historical Society wedding is a spectacular thing!
- Their preferred catering company is STARR catering, known for their exquisite wedding cuisine and vibrant, fresh menu.
- You can get married at the restaurant inside the society, Caffè Storico
- The New York Historical Society is the oldest museum in all of New York.
- The wedding venue location is in the Upper West Side, adjacent to Central Park. If you're looking for an iconic location, it doesn't get much more iconic than that!
- The Robert H and Clarice Smith New York Gallery of American History can accommodate a wedding reception of up to four hundred and fifty guests.
- The Robert H Smith Auditorium can seat up to four hundred and fifty guests, with three hundred and six in the orchestra and one hundred and fourteen the balcony.
- The Patricia D. Klingenstein Library, a truly exquisite space, can seat up to two hundred and fifty guests and host two hundred and seventy five guests for a wedding reception.
- Dexter Hall can seat up to two hundred guests and host a wedding reception for up to three hundred guests
The New York Historical Society is close to Central Park, making locations like this a possibility on your wedding day
Where to go for portraits on your wedding day
If you're getting married at this iconic venue, one of the things you'll want to figure out is where exactly you'll take wedding day pictures.
Located in a phenomenal spot on the west side of Central Park, there are lots of places nearby to take portraits of the two of you, and most of those places would also work beautifully for portraits of your family and wedding party. Some of those locations include:
- The green spaces around the American Museum of Natural History
- Central Park's Shakespeare Garden
- Bethesda Terrace in Central Park
- Central Park's Belvedere Castle
- Riverside Park on the West Side
- The Neufeld (Elephant) Playground in Riverside Park
- Central Park's Turtle Pond
Average Price of a New York Historical Society Wedding
As of August 2017, the rental fee for a New York Historical Society wedding was $15,000 for a wedding ceremony and wedding reception.
A ceremony-only New York Historical Society wedding begins at $10,000, with additional hours a mere $1,000 fee.
The average cost of a New York Historical Society wedding is between $47,000 and $52,000, according to the popular website Wedding Spot.
If you're getting married at the New York Historical Society, get in touch! I'd love to hear about your day and talk to you about your wedding photography needs!